Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little Moments of Cookie Sanity

After last week's epic puke-fest weight loss I did gain back some weight and got to 202.2 (oops) but I'm pleased to announce that I am now officially, ON MY OWN, under 200 at 198.4!

Since the beginning of this wonderful, painful journey I think I've found the answer to one of life's most diffucult questions... WHY CAN'T I SAY NO TO GIRL SCOuT COOKIES?!?!?!?!?! Well ladies and gentelmen, HERE is your answer-
Yeah, you see that?? They put crack in em!!! I knew it... This was thanks to my dear friend Cassandra #2. There's also something else I learned about myself in the last week and a half. You ready for this?

I'm not superwoman.

Yep. I'm just not. I can't go more than a day without sneaking into a cupboard to get a yummy cookie and I cry myself to sleep sometimes when I've had a particularly rough day (had a LOT of those last week) and I even make mistakes and forget to get babysitters. But you know what else? I am TOTALLY okay with not being superwoman. I've decided that having a cookie or even, heck, a WHOLE SERVING of cookies isn't going to kill me and it's not going to make me gain ten pounds. What it will do is give me a moment, just a smaaallll itsy, bitsy moment where I can jsut chew and enjoy. Food was meant to be enjoyed, not avoided. This doesn't mean that I should just stuff my face when I've had the worst day in recorded history. What this realization has taught me is that our lives are made up of little moments that help us keep our sanity so, enjoying that cookie is probably better for me in the long run. So, I've decided to just run a few more minutes and enjoy a few more cookies. For my mental health of course. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrat's on being under 200!! You Rock!

    I think it's good to allow yourself a treat. And I think you have a good plan :-) Way to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you, both for getting under 200 (what a GREAT milestone!!!) and for learning about yourself in such a positive way. realizations like that will only help you on your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete