Sunday, January 15, 2012

In Sickness and in Health

I truly, honestly don't know how people can be bulimic. Thursday afternoon Matt came home with a nasty stomach bug and then Friday night one of my friends Cassandra came down with it and then Saturday morning Lisa and I both got it... Talk about being miserable! I threw up every three hours for a total of five times. So, fifteen hours of puking and I'm still suffering OTHER effects of the stomach flu (if you catch my drift). But, the bright light at the end of this horrible tunnel is that

I'M FINALLY UNDER 200!!!!
That 's right!!! You heard it here first folks, (unless you're on BBC) Lynalice Bandy is now officially at 199.0 as of this morning! This is so NOT the way I would have preferred to do it and I'm sure that in the next few days as I get my fluid levels back to normal I'll be back up to 201 or so but just seeing that beautiful number on the scale gives me so much motivation to get back to the gym once I'm better!! I can't wait!! Give me a couple of more days to recooperate and I'll be back at it! In retrospect, if someone had given me the option of gaining five pounds back or doing the stomach bug I SO would have chosen the five pounds. It's SO bad for your body to lose weight this way! I'm hoping that my body won't decided to pack it on extra tight since it's in starvation mode now... I'm gonna keep an eye on what I eat and stick to fruit and lean protein for a few days, you know, give the ol' carbs a rest. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sure enough, I'm now at 201. Not too bad but can't wait to see a "1" at the beginning of those three digit numbers...

    ReplyDelete