Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Slimmer Singer

So tonight was the first real practice night for Oklahoma! and we FINALLY got to actually sing! I LOVE this music and I absolutely ADORE my little group of sopranos! We had so much fun tonight giggling over our mess ups and the men trying to get thier parts down... I can see this is going to be the beginning of some really amazing friendships.

Also tonight we got measured for our costumes and here's the really awesome part, I mentioned to the director and the costume designer that I'm working on losing weight and that I've lost about 5 pounds in the last two weeks and I asked if maybe they wanted me to stop losing so that the measurements would be accurate. Well, after a small deliberation she (the designer) told me she was going to do something she's never really done before. She marked down my measurements SMALLER than they really are only by an inch or so!! I was so excited!!! This means that NOW instead of just working on losing weight I have a GOAL!!!! I have something MORE than just working on hitting a certain number! I can't tell you how excited this makes me!! So, now I've got to start working my butt off since the production is in seven weeks and fittings are in five weeks!! Ah!!! This is going to be great!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I'm glad you had such a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete