Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Those Little Moments of Sadness

Today we finally got emails telling us what parts we got in Oklahoma! and...
"Congratulations! We would like for you to offer you a part as a member of the ladies ensemble in the Soldiers’ Theatre’s production of “Oklahoma!”.
You had an excellent audition and we are excited about casting the show! "

 I have to admit that, while it's an honor to even be in the production, I was a little saddened when I didn't get a better role... Now, before you judge me, it wasn't because I feel like I'm an amazing singer or because I thought that my dancing impressed the director (which, it didn't). I'm sad because, as a fat girl, it took a lot of courage to go up on that stage and sing and dance and be pitted against women who are, by far, much better looking and then to be put in the back made me feel...fat. I feel like, if only I weighed thirty or forty pounds less I would have had a better chance or if maybe I had longer hair or straighter teeth. I know that I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not looking forward to seeing who was actually selected for leading roles... If there does happen to be a larger girl in one of the roles I will immediately feel better since I will then know that I really do belong where I am and it's not because of how much I weigh. I just wish I could see what the director was thinking... I'm sure it will be fun anyway and I'm going to make it fun otherwise I'll just be miserable and that's just no good!

2 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry you felt sad! i know just how you feel and i am so impressed that you tried out! i have NEVER wanted to try out for anything, even though i think i'm a great singer, because i've always felt i was too fat. i haven't ever put myself out there the way you did. you should be really proud of yourself!
    also, you have a great mindset that you'll make it fun no matter what. that is a great way to look at it! and you know, i think it will be fun and you'll be fantastic right where they cast you!
    i hope you feel better (happier) soon and that you have a great time in the play. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm sorry you're sad and didn't get a role you wanted. It's so awesome that you auditioned and will have a chance to be in it. I've never done that before. You will do great! It's ok to be sad, but I'm glad you plan on having fun. I hope you can really enjoy this! And it'll be a great experience for when you want to try out for something else in the future! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete