Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sitting at a table...

Honestly, I have to say that it's completely my fault I'm here. I can't blame anyone else for this, can I? *sigh* I've hit my very first plateau. My weight isn't going up, but it most definitely isn't going down. The last two weeks have been a little difficult (to say the least) with everyone getting sick, husband being gone and dealing with more depression issues than normal. The last few weeks have been really good with me seeing results almost every night. .4 pounds here, .3 there, and maybe even a whole pound in one day but this week the scale is making a mess of my sanity. Monday I was at 197.6 and then I started getting numbers like 199.0 and 201.2 and all sorts of craziness!!! This morning I was at a solid 198.8. *angry face*. I just want to be able to get going again and STOP going over 200 at night!! Seriously, is it too much to ask??
But, it's not all bad news I guess. This week the weather has been extremely bi-polar and we've gone from below freezing and snow to warm and sunny in the same week which means I can start walking to post again with my kiddo in his stroller. Is there anything better than a nice walk to calm the nerves and energize the body? I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find anything better for you! I definitely notice a HUGE difference in my moods when I get in even a small 30 minute walk. I've also started taking a Vitamin D supplement to help with my moods and see if that doesn't help. (So far, so good)

One more thing I wanted to talk about is quitting... I know it's hard for a lot of us bigger girls to look at the thin, in shape women around us and think, "Why can't I be like that?" I think our society's ideal of instint gratification has tarnished our belief that hard work WILL get us somewhere, eventually and it may not be a year or even two years from now.  I know I'll get there and it breaks my heart to see so many of the women that I started this journey with feeling like they aren't getting anywhere and quitting... I've made a commitment to myself, and my family that I won't quit. I can't quit, or I'll never know how far I can get. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm kinda in a rut. I've hit my "ok I did really well the first month and then a bunch of things happened and I got lazy and unmotivated" streak. I'm slowly pulling myself out of it. And I'll make it. I'm not going to quit even if I feel like I won't ever get better (I've been working on more than just physical health) so what's the point? But I can't quit, I've come soo far already.

    Anyway, I think we've all hit a rut or something. But, You CAN do it!! I believe in you and I know other ladies from BBC believe in you too. I hope you can start seeing the results that you want. Just remember that even if you can't see it in the numbers, you ARE getting healthier, stronger, and better. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Maggie I feel like the last couple of weeks I've been doing this with just you! I don't know where everyone else went on myfitnesspal and we were the only ones to post in-progress pictres on BBC. I'm glad you're stickin in there with me!! You're making this adventure more worthwhile :)

      Delete
  2. i'm still here, just not able to post very often! and i can definitely relate to being at a plateau, which is SO frustrating THIS early in the journey.
    i agree with Maggie, i believe in you (and in all of us!) and i know this is just a temporary plateau which you will break through and be stronger than ever. ((hugs)) and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete